Acquisition Marketing Director
Accel is a trailblazing big data & fintech company that is helping to define the future of finance. The Accel Marketing team is a group of smart, driven, and, of course, fun individuals focused on designing and executing results driven strategies. We work hard, we collaborate with each other and other teams, and we are driven to produce high quality return on our marketing strategies.
The foundation of our marketing strategy is to enable SMBs and Mid-Sized Businesses to scale their business with access to the business capital they need. And our mantra is to revolutionize and dominate the rapidly growing FinTech industry.
In this role the Marketing Director needs to be both a strategic thinker that can drive new ideas and a doer, someone that isn’t concerned with getting their hands dirty in the system to execute those ideas.
You should have significant experience with creating marketing automation strategies and systems that drive increasing inbound leads with stronger conversion rates. As the Head of Marketing you will be working with the development team (UX) as well as the sales team to drive revenue growth and as such will be HEAVILY compensated for the revenue you help generate.
Finally, you should be able to measure your success and optimize – that means having a strong grasp on analytics, understanding numbers and what it means for future campaigns.
At Accel, we work hard to empower hundreds of thousands of businesses with the funding they need, and we have a great time doing it. To drive this activity, we’re looking for you to:
- Develop and execute campaigns and automated marketing programs to drive conversion of new accounts and increase utilization of existing customers
- Optimize marketing automation efforts – a/b testing, consistent oversight of email performance, incorporating best practices, etc.
- Database management – defining segments, data cleansing, field management, recapturing customers with invalid email addresses, etc.
- Develop the infrastructure for marketing automation by establishing guidelines for email, programs, landing pages, reporting, etc.
- Design new campaigns that leverage our sales team in order to drive new conversions or increased utilization
- Serve as the go-to resource for Marketo so that various stakeholders across the company can leverage the platform
- Leverage reporting tools (Revenue Cycle Analytics, Email Insights) to measure and analyze the impact of marketing automation activities on the business and sales pipeline
- A strong sense of curiosity.
- 5+ years hands on experience and proficiency with marketing automation platforms (Marketo, Eloqua) and CRM systems
- Relevant experience with Marketo and Salesforce is a huge plus
- Practice of email best and marketing automation best practices and applied techniques
- Documented marketing automation campaign success
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, work in a fast-paced growing company, and work cross functionally to solve problems
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Good communication and writing skills
- A focus on innovative solutions and an interest in emerging areas of digital marketing, CRM and sales
- A good temperament that doesn’t get flustered by whatever gets thrown your way
- A good sense of humor and someone other people want to work with
- Bachelor’s degree required